Join In teamed up with The National Lottery, ITV, UK Sport and Team GB to create the Rio 2016 Team GB homecoming campaign, I Am Team GB. We delivered 2,600 events across the UK with 972,000 people taking part – 52% of participants being people who “don’t enjoy exercising in their spare time”.
Pulled together in record speed, we designed the clubs campaign including cross-channel marketing plans, the website that integrated data from the Join In site, social media content strategy, user journeys, stakeholder collateral and more, resulting in the nation’s biggest sports day.
The I Am Team GB campaign has since won numerous awards:
- Grand Prix + Gold, Silver and Bronze Awards at the Media Week Awards 2017
- Leading edge thinking and Brand Activation at the Marketing Society Excellence Awards 2017
- Event or Experiential Strategy of the Year at The Drum Marketing Awards 2017
- Participation Event of the Year at the BT Sport Industry Awards 2017
- Sports Event of the Year at The Drum UK Event Awards 2016.
The lovely illustrations are from the wider campaign by Art&Graft, whose animations brought warmth and humanity to the Rio 2016 Olympic messaging.