Join In teamed up with The National Lottery, ITV, UK Sport and Team GB to create the Rio 2016 Team GB homecoming campaign, I Am Team GB. We delivered 2,600 events across the UK with 972,000 people taking part – 52% of participants being people who “don’t enjoy exercising in their spare time”.
Pulled together in record speed, we designed:
- the sports clubs and groups campaign including cross-channel marketing plans,
- the website that integrated data and complex user journeys from the Join In site,
- social media content strategy,
- stakeholder collateral, and more.
All of which resulted in the nation’s biggest sports day.
The I Am Team GB campaign has since won numerous awards:
- Grand Prix + Gold, Silver and Bronze Awards at the Media Week Awards 2017
- Leading edge thinking and Brand Activation at the Marketing Society Excellence Awards 2017
- Event or Experiential Strategy of the Year at The Drum Marketing Awards 2017
- Participation Event of the Year at the BT Sport Industry Awards 2017
- Sports Event of the Year at The Drum UK Event Awards 2016.
The lovely illustrations are from the wider campaign by Art&Graft, whose animations brought warmth and humanity to the Rio 2016 Olympic messaging.